Charades is a classic fun party game for all ages, children especially. It can be played at parties with many players or even at home with as little as two children.
How to Play Charades with 2 or 3 players
1. If there are only 2 or 3 players, each player plays individually. With two players there is no need to keep score and no winner, but kids still enjoy playing nonetheless.
2. Shuffle the charade cards (available below) and place them face down in a stack.
3. The youngest player goes first and looks at the first card, not showing anyone else.
4. The player then acts out the word without saying anything or using any items, trying to get the other players to guess.
5. The other players can guess as many times as they want until someone guesses correctly or everyone gives up.
6. If a player guesses correctly he gets a point. The player who acted out the word also gets a point.
7. If no one guesses correctly, no one gets a point.
8. The next player (second youngest) then gets the next card in the stack and acts out that word.
9. Play continues until there are no more cards left.
10. The player with the most points wins the game.
Charades Word List For Kids
Make Printable Charades Cards
Click on each of the images below and in your browser select File > Print. Cut out the cards along the lines.